Chinese Food Confusion

Dear Families,

There has been some confusion regarding the Chinese food money.  The $3.00 for the Chinese food must be sent in separate from any lunch money.  Also, the cost for the Chinese food is $3.00 for every child regardless or whether or not they recieve free and reduced lunch.  The Chinese food is optional, but because of the confusion I thought I should clarity.  Just in case, the following is a list of students who have not brought in their money. 

Sophie

Dustin

Dominique

Dylan

Patrick

Dalton

Maliea

Haley

Christopher

Ryan ($1)

Casie

Angel

Harold

Wade

Thank You,

Ms. Lewia

Bag Display, Food Drive, & Parent Teacher Conferences

Hello Families,

Thank you to all the people who helped with our plastic bag project.  We reached our goal of 1000 bags!!! Just a reminder, the average family uses 1000 plastic bags a year so it is a great idea to recycle. There will be a display on a bulletin board at Hannaford.  Included will be a picture of the children who have permission to have their photograph published with the 1000 bags. 

Mrs. Charette's class is having a food drive for the Skowhegan Food bank.  There will be a bag in Ms. Lewia's classroom where we will be collecting boxed, canned, or jar food.  They have asked that nothing be brought in that will spoil.  The food drive will be for families that do not have enough food on Thanksgiving. 

Reminder Of Parent Teacher Conferences:

Monday, November 2

4:10-4:40 Bailey

4:40-5:10 Rebekah

Tuesday, November 3

7:45-8:15 Dominique

Wednesday November 4

3:00-3:30 Dylan

3:30-4:00 Levi

4:00-4:30 Maliea

4:30-5:00 Dalton

5:00-5:30 Ryan

5:30-6:00 Angel

6:30-7:00 Casie

Friday, November 5

3:00-3:30 Harold

Tuesday November 10

8:30-9:00 Rebekah

10:00-10:30 Patrick

10:30-11:00 Chris

11:00-11:30 Morgan

11:30-12:00 Jadyn

1:00-1:30 Sophie

1:30-2:00 Haley

3:00-3:30 Dustin

Thank You,

Andrea Bryant

Classroom Updates

Greetings Again From Ms. Lewia's Classroom,

Today I am sending home a photo permission slip.  I want to make a book using student's pictures and descriptions they wrote about themselves.  I may do projects later on as well, and need your permission to photograph or video tape the class.  I will not be posting any of their pictures or any identifying information to webpages and I assure you all projects I do will be for the benefit of the classroom and for learning purposes. 

Ms. Lewia has gotten a parent volunteer to help with the book order.  There have also been several volunteers interested in listening to students read.  Any other people wanting to volunteer can do so, just make sure to get in touch with Ms.Lewia. 

The class has already collected 210 plastic bags for our environmental project.  That only leaves 790 bags to go.  Just a reminder about the project, we are looking to collect 1000 bags in order to display the number of bags used per household in a year and promote the use of reusable bags. Please do not hesitate to send in any used plastic bags you will not be reusing to help in our class effort.

Thank You,

Andrea Bryant

Rejuice the Use of Everthing You've Got

Hello Families,

As a fun environmental project, Ms. Lewia and I would like to latch onto a project suggested by greengorilla.com.  The project is called, “Rejuice the Use of Everything You’ve Got!”  To complete this activity, we will need your help to collect all kinds of used plastic bags from stores.  The average family uses 1000 plastic bags in a year, so the idea is to make a big ball of used bags.  Once the class has added 1000 bags to the ball, the project is completed showing just how wasteful one family can be by using plastic bags.  The bag ball will then be displayed to promote the use of reusable bags.  Please bring in your old plastic bags.

There will be a letter sent home about this as well.  To view the original plan, you can go to:

http://www.greengorilla.com/take-action-posts/rejuice-the-use-of-everything

The following link is to the web page I put together last semester.  The web page is a Maine nature guide for kids:

http://students.umf.maine.edu/~bryantah/guide/

Thank You,

Andrea Bryant

« October 2017 »
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • .